- Vegetarian fish (found at frozen section of Asian market. I’m using ribbon fish from Vegefarm)
- Bread Crumbs (I’m using Japanese Panko Bread Crumbs)
- Flour or Tempura Batter (I used flour)
- 1 Egg (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Oil (I used grapeseed oil)
1. Thaw the veggie fish.
2. Follow the instructions of the bread crumbs according to package:
a. Roll meat, poultry, shrimp, fish, or vegetables in Hime brand Tempura batter mix or flour and coat evenly.
b. dip into mixture of one egg beaten with 2-3 tbsp. water and a dash of salt. * Using an egg makes the bread crumbs stick easier. However, I’ve found that water can be used as well. I learned this when I ran out of eggs
c. Roll in panko. Apply liberally and fry.
3. Done! I make sure to place my fried food on top of a napkin so it absorbs the excess oil.
Nice and crispy. I make as much as I need each time. It’s not so good if you don’t eat it right away. I eat it with rice.